The Phanfare Photo mac client has now entered what we’re calling “double secret pre-alpha” testing. The monkeys are going to need to bang on it for several weeks more, but in the meantime, we’re happy to share pre-release screens shots that highlight some of the cool new features of the Mac client.
- Notice the film-strip photo picker running across the top of the “edit photo” screen.
- The Mac client uses lovely transparent overlays to indicate that a photo is still uploading.
- Photos can now be edited via handy context menus.
- It’s a little hard to see in this screenshot, but drag-and-drop uses iPhoto style transparencies.
- Photo captions can be longer now, and the Mac client includes a spell check feature.
Please note that the interface will change between now and the final release. For example, a lot of the button icons are missing in the screenshots. But this should give you a taste of what’s to come.