A new version of Phanfare Photon, our industrial-strength photo and video sharing solution for the iPhone, is out today. New features in include:
- Delete an album by swiping across it
- Hidden images are shown with an hidden-indicator in thumbs view
- Upload progress of each image is shown underneath the thumb using the same little blue progress part that installing apps uses.
- You can see all your albums by fetching 25 more at a time. Once, fetched, they are there on the phone.
- Phanfare Photon new prefetches new albums so you don’t need to browse to each one to have it be there when offline.
This version is also re-built from the ground up to provide more scalability and robustness. That is actually the largest difference to this version, but it will enable rapid development of new features going forward.
We have our own roadmap for Phanfare Photon, but I would love to hear from the community what you would like to see it do. I am also interested in knowing how useful you would find us implementing Facebook Connect. With facebook connect you would be able to login to Phanfare using your facebook credentials and potentially your facebook friends could see your content on Phanfare without having to be your friend on Phanfare.